Thursday, November 15, 2012

Holiday Challenges

With the wedding about three months away and the holidays right around the corner, I need to stay focused and on track with my fitness goals for the wedding. There is only one major minor obstacle in my way... the Holidays.

It's a hard time of year to stay on track... how can you pass up all those delicious carbs and cocktails? They seem to be everywhere... my mouth is watering just thinking about all the Holiday goodies. But what about all that hard work you completed over the last 11 months? It's important to stay on track during the holidays, especially because of all the hard work you put into getting in shape in the last11 months!

So, what am I doing to stay motivated through the Holidays and continue to tone up for the wedding? Thanks to the amazing blogging community, I have a plan... and anyone who knows me, knows I love plans :)

Best Body Bootcamp
I am in the middle of week four of Tina's Best Body Bootcamp, and love it. I feel stronger and feel like I am toning up! For $25 for 8 weeks, you really can't go wrong. Plus, Tina holds you accountable through a check-in doc that only you and her share via Google Docs.

Since the bootcamp ends on 12/16, I already am starting to think about a plan for what I will do in between then and the next round (set to start in early January). As of right now I am thinking about repeating some of my favorite phases with heavier weights or more challenging moves in order to keep my body challenged.

Thanksgiving Day Race
I signed up to run a 5 mile race on Thanksgiving Day in the town next to where I grew up. Running this race will help to keep me on track during Thanksgiving Eve and Day. I know from half marathon training how taking part in Tday eve festivities will affect my running. So, this year, I'll opt to be the DD or simply stay in. I also know that by putting in time and effort to complete a race on Tday morning, I am going to be more conscious about what I am going to put on my plate for the rest of the day. I will, however, have earned that slice of pumpkin pie for dessert ;)

Holiday Bootie Buster Challenge
Thanks to being a part of the BBB, I learned about HBBC. It's a motivational "bootcamp" to help get everyone through the holiday without the weight gain. Wait, it gets better...stay motivated and check in and you can win free stuff! Who doesn't love free stuff?




Who: Everyone! You'll compete against people at your same level.
When: CHALLENGE STARTS ON NOV 19 - Jan 5
How: Register by clicking the button above
Cost: $25 - goes towards management and mailing of all the prizes


CHALLENGE BASICS
  • Earn points for being active during the holidays.
  • Earn points for eating 7-9 servings of fruits and veggies.
  • Meet other like minded folks to help you stay on track.
  • Win prizes!!
  • Get answers from experts in nutrition, running, cross fit, yoga and mor
This is perfect timing for me since BBB ends in mid-December. Having HBBC to keep me accountable will help keep me motivated on my own, without having my workouts already planned by Tina each week! So head on over and sign up today! If you are finding out about the HBBC through me, I would greatly appreciate the referral :)

How do you plan to stay motivated through the holidays?

No comments:

Post a Comment