Sunday, July 8, 2012

Weekend Wrap Up: Without a Plan

Another weekend has come and gone in the blink of an eye. I can't believe Friday is going to be mid-JULY. Crazy.

Going into the weekend, I had no plans. The only thing I wanted to do was go to the beach but we didn't have any specific place in mind. The weekend ended up being really fun and full of lots of friends, beers, time outside, and I even managed to squeeze in a run!

I woke up Saturday morning to a snoring fiance. Peanut and I got out of bed pretty easily, but someone else was a little groggy from the Red Sox game the night before. I put on some workout clothes to take Peanut for a walk. After waking up a little, I decided I was in the mood for a run. It was HOT, but we did about 2.50 miles and it tired Peanut out. This is always a good thing when we aren't going to be around for the day.

 {Proof! Little slower considering the bathroom breaks for the pup.}

Soon after I got a quick shower and packed up some stuff for the beach, clouds rolled in. We checked the weather and it said it was sunny on the South Shore, so we decided to go anyways.

We knew we wanted some Marylou's iced coffees before the beach so that was going to be the deciding point.






Sadly, right after we pulled out of the drive through it started sprinkling. There was no sun or blue skies in sight. But we were determined not to let it ruin our day, so we decided to keep driving to the Cape! It ended up working out good cause a friend of ours has a house down there and the fiance's brother was also in town with his sister-in-law. So we planned a little meet up.

But first, lunch.

{Lobster Quesidilla's from The Black Cat Tavern}


Then play.


Luckily the sun did peek out a couple times! Either way, we were outside sitting in some white adirondak chairs and enjoying some Cape Cod beers. It was a fun day. But a not so fun morning. Also, how gorgeous are Hydrangea bushes? They are everywhere in the Cape, and I love it.

At some point today we got up enough energy to take Peanut to a dog park near by where she can swim and frolic. We also got in a nice (hot) walk, which felt good.

We stopped at Trader Joe's on the way home where I picked up some stuff for the week and for dinner. The fiance was craving Mac N' Cheese. I was not craving all the cooking to make the homemade kind. So I picked up a box of Trader Joe's Organic Mac N' Cheese. I was pleasantly surprised to see that I could pronounce every ingredient, and there was only four of them. Win. I mixed it up with a grilled chicken sausage and leftover roasted broccoli florets I had in the fridge for some protein and greens.

{Pretty Tasty}

Dessert consisted of my new favorite Ice Cream - Trader Joe's strawberry non-dairy frozen yogurt made with coconut milk.

Alright, off to finish up some internet reading before officially heading to bed. I have plans to read more of The Fault in Our Stars before I shut my eyes tonight. The book is really good so far! 

Hope you had a great weekend!

Xox. Kaylin

No comments:

Post a Comment