Wednesday, July 11, 2012

What I Ate Food & Fitness Wednesday

I've seen What I Ate Wednesday around decided I wanted to join in on the fun. I thought it might be interesting to show you what I eat throughout the day. For the past two months or so, I've been going to the gym in the morning and then eating every 2-3 hours throughout the day to make sure I don't do a face plant and fall asleep on my keyboard.

Here we go!






First, fitness! I got up at the sleepy hour of 5:45am and went to the gym. There was a new morning class added that I wanted to try... 30 minutes of Tabata! What's Tabata? Well it was actually my first time doing it, but I had seen it over on the Fitenissta in the Summer Shape Up Series. The Tabata days didn't fit into my routine, so I didn't end up doing them. Anyways, Tabata is a form of high intesitivy interval training. Any exercise can be incorporated into the training, but it follows this basic format:
  • 4 minutes long
  • 20 seconds of intense training (pushups, burpees, jumping jacks, squats, etc.)
  • 10 seconds of rest
  • Total of 8 rounds
We ended up doing a bunch of rounds. Two different 4 minute ones, Two 2 minute ones, and a couple more 1 minute ones. We had two minute rests between each round. It was not easy, but it felt great after. It's also a good sign when the whole class was telling the instructor how much they liked it.

I also did some shoulder work outs before the class started. 7 month wedding countdown!

Speaking of wedding countdown, I also got my wedding shoes in tonight! And I can't contain my excitement.

Anyways, time for the food!

Breakfast: Coffee & Protein Pancakes with fresh berries


Do you like my coffee mug? My parents used to take these out when guests visited. When the fiance and I moved in together, they passed them down to us. Now they are my favorite mugs to give guests when they stay with us. I love their reactions :).

Morning Snack: Honey Greek Yogurt & Fresh Berries



Lunch: A Quinoa and Grilled Veggie Salad I forgot to take a picture of & Watermelon


Afternoon Snack: Apple & String Cheese



Dinner: Chicken Sausage Italian Stir Fry


I love this dish, it's so quick and easy! I cut up 1 onion and 1 pepper (I had yellow on hand) and placed it in the pan with some EVOO. Once softened I added in the broccoli and covered the pan with a lid. I stirred it a couple times in-between washing some dishes. Once the broccoli was cooked I added in some chopped Chicken Sausage from Trader Joe's. Then I stirred in a can of Fire Roasted Diced Tomatoes & Green Chili's until it was warmed through and started to boil. I let it simmer for a couple minutes. I typically serve it with some roasted sweet potatoes (and regular for the man), but tonight I put it over some brown rice and sprinkled some Parm Cheese on top. Delish!

Dessert: Consisted of a couple pieces of Mamba Fruit Chews. Have you ever had these? They taste like Starburst, so good.

So that covers my first WIAW! Hope you enjoyed it!

Xox. Kaylin

PS. You can read more about Tabata Training here!

No comments:

Post a Comment