Sunday, July 1, 2012

Weekend Wrap-Up: Pre 4th of July

Happy July 1st! Can you believe it's already July?! I can't. I also can't believe we'll be getting married in 7 months!

This weekend was another busy one! Friday the fiance and I decided to stay in. We picked up some fish at a local Whole Foods and baked them with some steamed green beans and baked potatoes (sweet for me). It was a delicious and relaxing way to kick off our weekend.

Saturday I got up bright and went on a long walk with the fiance and Peanut. Soon after, I got ready and hit the road for my parent's house. My Mom and I had plans to go shopping for her Mother of the Bride dress. Soon after I got there we headed out to breakfast. I got a veggie omelet with a side of whole wheat toast and some home fries. I ate almost all the omelet, toast, and had a couple home fries. After breakfast we headed out for our appointment at a bridal boutique. We had really good luck, and the first dress she tried on we fell in love with! She continued to play dress up for me and tried on the dress on more time to make the final decision and decide on the color.


She also had fun walking around in these shoes, which I love! But it doesn't go so well with our beach wedding. Hot! I can't wait for her dress to come in!

After we found her dress we went over to a family-friend's house for a Grad party where we ate, enjoyed a couple beers, and floated in their heated in-ground swimming pool. It was a nice relaxing end to the day :)

I got up at 6:35am this morning to head back to Boston and meet the fiance. We had beach plans!s We packed up our cooler with some fruit salad I made, sandwiches, snacks, waters and a couple beers  and hit the road for the South Shore. We were meeting my future brother-in-law and his wife, as well as two other friends of ours, at Duxbury Beach.


It was a beautiful beach day and it wasn't too croweded. The water was cold, but we were so hot we waded in to cool off. Luckily the tide was going out, so it was easier to hang out in the water.

After the beach we grabbed some food and beers at The Deck on Green Harbor. Right when we got there a lightening storm started to roll in, so we opted to sit inside, which was still nice with big windows overlooking the harbor. The girls and I got their lobster rolls which were reasonably priced and surprisingly big!


And of course delicious. The hand cut fries and coleslaw were also good, but I focused on finishing the important thing on my plate :)

We got back to Boston at a reasonable time and got our grocery shopping out of the way. Before sitting on the couch for the rest of the night, I made myself a sweet treat.


Trader Joe's strawberry non-dairy frozen yogurt made with coconut milk topped with fruit salad and some slivered almonds.


You have to try this stuff. It's creamy and delicious with a slight hint of coconut. I think I might be obsessed.

Off to relax and read before starting the week off. I'm a little excited for a mid-week break!

How was your weekend?

Xox. Kaylin

No comments:

Post a Comment