Wednesday, June 27, 2012

A Real Ryde

Happy Hump Day! Luckily for me, I was off on Monday, so this week feels like it is flying by!

Today I worked from home because we were getting new bedroom furniture delivered. I wish you could see how excited I am about this. Since the fiance and I moved in together almost three years ago, we have been using my old Ikea furniture from my first apartment (which was like six years ago). We finally decided it was time to throw it all out when we couldn't close/open a drawer without opening the one above it too. So, we finally upgraded to two dressers, a new nightstand, a wardrobe closet, and vanity (for all my hair and makeup crap). I also did a huge closet purge and have about four bags of clothes and other stuff that is going to Goodwill or a consignment shop. Sometimes I have a hard time getting rid of clothes and accessories, but this time I tossed it if I hadn't thought about it or worn it in 6 months to a year! It actually feels really good... and makes me want to go on a shopping spree.

Anyways! Tonight I had a workout date planned with one of my old co-workers at Sweat and Soul Yoga in Allston. About a month ago we wanted to try out their spin classes and as a first time go-ers, we could buy two classes for $18 (single classes run for $18). These are by far my all time favorite spin classes. The difference between their classes and a standard spin class are the bikes. Unlike the regular classes, the bikes move side to side which require you to engage your core and upper body which makes it more of a full body workout.



I also like it because it takes the focus out of just your legs. You also have to focus on keeping the bike straight or to one side. For me, I find myself less bored and not counting down til the end of class. One thing is for sure, you leave the class sweatier than any other class you will have ever gone to. Both instructors I've had (Caitlyn and Patrick) had their own unique styles, but I definitely liked them both and would go to either of their classes again. The studio also has a yoga classroom and one class in-particular I want to try is Hip Hop Yoga. How fun does that sound?

Before spin, I had a one egg puff for some protein and energy to get me through class. By the end of class I was definitely ready for dinner though. Luckily the fiance and his brother had some homemade pizza ready for me to eat.

(Load on those veggies)

After I grabbed a shower, I was craving something sweet and couldn't stop thinking about these s'more treats I snagged at Trader Joe's this week.


I popped one in the microwave for 5 seconds and it looked like this:


It's hard to just have one. But it's the perfect little satisfying treat without overindulging.


Speaking of overindulging I wanted to share this blog post from a blogger I follow. Today, Tina over at Carrots N' Cake wrote a post about how she beat her sugar addiction and I thought it provided some good tips. Like Tina, I've also found that the cleaner I eat, the less sweets I crave. I also think it's important not to deprive yourself of your favorite foods. Or, you can make those favs healthier at home. One of my favorite (and easy) things to make is sweet potato "fries" (which are even good as leftovers). Hope you find it helpful and interesting like I did! :)

Off to do some reading and hit the hay!

Xox. Kaylin

No comments:

Post a Comment