Monday, June 25, 2012

Weekend in Western PA

Why hello there! I have been MIA the last several days because I have been out of town with the fiance's family for a wedding and family time. Last Thursday we took an early morning flight out of Boston to head to Western Pennsylvania. My fiance was born there and spent the first couple years of his life growing up in a small town outside of Pittsburgh. Most of his extended family still lives down there, so when we got invited to a cousins wedding, we decided to extend our stay a couple days to visit with everyone.

We were fed extremely well the whole trip. We only ate out twice, and one of those times was at the wedding.

Here are some pictures to recap our trip:
 
Lunch at the Primanti Brother's! You pick your meat and it comes with coleslaw and fries all piled between two pieces of white bread.


The top of Mt. Washington which overlooks Pittsburgh & at the wedding ceremony:

Homemade Italian dinner at the Grandma's:

 Homemade Ravioli and Gnocchi:


Unfortunately I was not able to work out over the last couple of days. Nor did I eat the healthiest, so I am looking forward to getting back on the bandwagon tomorrow! Just need to get my butt out of bed at 6AM ;).

Hope you had a good weekend and Monday!

Xox. Kaylin


No comments:

Post a Comment