I have a hard time sticking to diet plans and even workout plans. I tried Jamie Eason's Live Fit trainer for all of two or three weeks and then quit. Diet's are hard when you live with a man whose body doesn't even care that he just ate a whole bag of chips. His abs still show. So at first I was a little skeptical about signing up (and spending money) on an online bootcamp class. But after reading other blogger's reviews and seeing Julie complete it twice, I was definitely intrigued. So I signed up! And I even got my BFFL, Tayla, to sign up with me.
8 weeks later, and I successfully completed every single workout. Yes, I took a day here or there, but for the most part, I stuck with it and am definitely seeing the benefits:
- My arms are more defined. I never thought this was possible, but I actually have arm definition! Which is awesome since I will be wearing a wedding dress in less than two months.
- I am not longer afraid of burpees, squats, lunges or any other lower body work.
- Working out the booty helped me increase my running mile times. I completed a Thanksgiving Day 5 Mile Road race in 40 minutes! My miles were 30 seconds faster than when I trained and ran my 1/2.
- Got me into a routine and held me accountable. I loved having the spreadsheet that Tina and I shared. It held me accountable, but also helped me see what I was doing each week.
- I set goals and I reached them. I know goal setting is good, but I never really did it until now.
- You can win $100/week and $1000 at the end. I didn't win, but pay $25 and you get a chance to win $1000 just for working out and meeting your goals? Talk about motivation!
- You can do the workouts at home with little equipment! A lot of the participants easily do this!
- I feel more in shape than I have in a LONG time. Before BBB, I would go to the gym and do my thing, but would never see results. BBB has taught me so many new exercises, ways to train, and that sticking with something = results.
I didn't take measurements or before and after pictures. But my clothes definitely fit a little looser and I feel more toned than ever before. While I wait for the next round of BBB to start, I am continuing with weight and circuit training as much as I can. I plan to start off a little harder with the next round, as I will be even closer to my wedding day and know that I will see results if I work hard and stay with it.
And that my blogsphere friends, is why you should sign up for the next round of Best Body Bootcamp too.