Friday, November 23, 2012

Stuffed

Hopefully everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving! Each year always seems to be better than the last!

The FH and I headed back to our home town in Central Mass on Wednesday night. It seemed like everyone ended up heading home on Tuesday night, because traffic was non existent... fine by me! We ended up meeting up with a couple friends for bowling before calling it a night.

Thanksgiving Day
Thursday morning I woke up bright and early for my 5 mile road race. It was a little chilly at first, but the weather ended up being perfect for running and I even enjoyed the course despite having been very familiar with it.



My first mile was slower for me and once my legs warmed up I started picking up the pace a bit. I was planning to stay around the pace I held for my half marathon, but I somehow ended up running a lot faster like my 5K on Sunday. My RunKeeper stats were slightly different (what gives?) but official race  times ended up being 40:23. Overall I placed in the 31.2% coming in at 246/789 people and for my age group placed 18/85 in the 21.2%.

I'm pretty excited and proud of both my race times this week. I probably won't be running much more outside until spring, so I am happy to end my 2012 race season on a high note. :)

After the race I met up with an old friend for some celebratory (and well deserved) drinks at a local bar before heading home to finish up my Thanksgiving dishes and head to my aunts. It was a great day and even though I felt like I didn't pile on the food this year, I was still stuffed by the end of it all. We ended the night back at my parents house where we watched the Pats game before calling it a night.

Friday
After waking up today, my mom and I took Peanut on a nice 2 mile walk. It was just what I needed to get my legs moving, as they are definitely sore from the two races this week.

Earlier in the week I had planned to head to a local gym to complete workout C of BBB, but I know my legs need rest and a date with the foam roller. So I created my own little circuit and used some weights and a bench my dad has in the basement.


The circuit was adapted from arm exercises from BBB. I performed the weights in a ladder circuit  with a short burst of cardio in between each exercise. It looked like this

Arnold Shoulder Press
30 seconds Mountain Climbers
Chest Press
30 seconds Jumping Jacks
Plank Rows
30 seconds Mountain Climbers
Lat Shoulder Raises
30 seconds Jumping Jacks
Tricep Dips
30 seconds Mountain Climbers
Underhand Rows
30 seconds Jumping Jacks
Bicep Curls
30 seconds Mountain Climbers


The circuit took about 30 minutes and was exactly what I needed for the day! 

Another walk might be in order for tomorrow, but otherwise I will be resting as my legs really need it before I can tackle all the burpees in next week's workouts :)

Enjoy the rest of your holiday weekend!

Anyone score any good Black Friday deals? I don't brave the stores but I do make sure to check online :)

No comments:

Post a Comment