Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Just Checking In

Happy Thanksgiving Eve! Going to make this post short and sweet since I know a lot of people are probably trying to wrap up their work and get out of work for the extra long weekend. I know I am, but wanted to check in!

So far, this week has been incredibly motivating. The HBBC and BBB communities that I am a part of are so motivating. You already know I am a fan of the Best Body Bootcamp, but Holiday Bootie Buster challenge is proving to be pretty awesome too.

Workouts
So far this week's workouts have been going pretty good! I'm still feeling the DOMS from Sunday's 5K, so my legs have been really feeling the burpees and leg work in this week's BBB. I completed workout A on Monday and B today. Today I kept count of the burpees I did in between each round, and completed 130 burpees! I can't say they were the most glamorous (are burpees ever glamorous? probably not), but I pushed through each 60 second set and don't regret it now!

Last night I had every intention of going to a spin class at my favorite spin and yoga studio, Sweat & Soul Yoga. But traffic was so bad (early Thanksgiving commuters?) and by the time I got to the studio it was 7pm and there were no parking spots in sight.



I was pretty frustrated and knew that the FH wouldn't appreciate my bad attitude if I showed up at home, so I headed to the gym since I had the printouts from BBB with me and completed some hard intervals on the elliptical  followed by some ab exercise.



It looked a little bit like this:

  • Warm up: 5 minutes at 8
  • Increase resistance by 3 and hold for 5 minutes 
  • Decrease resistance by 2 and hold for 2 minutes
  • Repeat 3x
I couldn't even flip the pages of a magazine or read twitter because I was afraid if I let go of the handles, I wouldn't be able to start up again.

Working out last night after work really solidified for me why I like working out in the morning so much and why it's worth it to roll out of bed at 5:45am. There aren't things like traffic and a hungry stomach in my way.

Food
I've been really loving all the healthy Thanksgiving ideas this week, and was inspired to contribute to my Aunt's Thanksgiving menu with some healthy options:


Here are some great lists that I used for ideas this week:
And a no-excuses workout that will take you a couple minutes in between prepping the food:
  • Thanksgiving Week Workout - love this workout from Eating Bird Food. Exercise moves to get your heart rate up but a little strength as well! I might do this on Friday as my Cardio blasts as part of BBB's workout C.

Also, something food related I have been loving? Salads with hummus as my dressing. So much flavor! I can't get enough!


Alright, that was longer than you probably wanted! Off to finish some work and hopefully head out early for the long weekend! Tomorrow I have a 5 mile race on deck and then some cooking to do before relaxing and enjoying the day with family!

Have a great day!

2 comments:

  1. That looks delicious! I hope you had a nice Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Both recipes came out really good! Hope yours was good as well :)

      Delete