Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Recharging on Hump Day

Wow, is this week flying by or what?! Work has been crazy busy (even overwhelming at times) for me this week, so the days have been going by pretty quick for me.

let's rewind to yesterday...

Yesterday morning I got up and made myself half of a sandwich thin with some peanut butter and banana. I took my time getting ready and drinking some water to let the food digest a little. After about a half hour, I headed out the door. After several extremely muggy days, the weather finally felt perfect for a run. I completed 3.51 miles in 31:24 averaging a 8:57 mile.

Honestly, I can't even remember what I ate throughout the day yesterday. It's such a blur.

Today
I didn't sleep too well last night, so when the alarm went off this morning, I knew heading to the gym was out of the question. So I opted for a quick 2 mile run with Peanut and made a decision to go to a Yoga class after work to recharge, strengthen and stretch. It was exactly what I needed. I am loving the classes at Sweat and Soul Yoga and especially loved today's teacher and even her playlist. She had some tunes that are on my playlist, and I loved it!  There is so much I need to improve on in my yoga practice, and I want to make it a goal of mine to try and go to a class once a week at either my gym or at Sweat and Soul Yoga (I have some Gilt City coupons to use up).

I was on my own for dinner tonight and I was starving. I was felling a little shaky so I made myself a protein shake with 1/2 a scoop of protein powder and water. Not my favorite way of drinking protein, but it did the trick.

I finally settled on a chicken sandwich. I picked up some frozen patties at Trader Joe's a couple week's ago and they have been perfect for a quick meal. I cooked a Chile Lime Chicken Burger in a skillet for about 4 minutes per side while toasting a sandwich thin. I also sliced up 1/2 an Avacado.

Once the burger was done, I spread some Garlic Hummus on one side of the bread, placed the chicken burger on top and topped that with avocado slices.






On the side I enjoyed some Everything Pretzel Thins in the empty container of hummus...can't waste hummus ;)



Oh, and there is a lone piece of avocado in there too that I couldn't fit on the sandwich.


Totally hit the spot.

I actually have some work to do and lots of water to drink (I sweat my butt of at Yoga tonight). I feel better about it now that I was able to power off my phone for an hour and a half and recharge at Yoga. It's exactly what I needed to tackle these next two days.

Have a good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment