Monday, August 13, 2012

A New Week

Hey guys! Sorry I have been MIA all weekend. Last week was crazy at work and by Friday afternoon, I didn't want to look at a computer, so I didn't.

Our weekend was pretty low key, but still busy! My mom and I had a nice little girls day of haircuts and makeup ahead of us, but before she picked me up, I had to get in my long run. The fiance and Peanut decided to join me for part of my run while my goal was 5 miles.

It was pretty muggy out, but I completed 3 minutes faster than the previous Saturday, and I felt better too! After my run, I quickly showered and made a smoothie. While waiting for my mom to show up, I foam rolled too.

Sunday was my off day, but since we were going to be gone for a wedding most of the day, I took Peanut on a long walk to let her trot off some energy. I think the heat helped too ;)

I definitely feel refreshed after this weekend, it was exactly what I needed and I'm ready for what this week has in store! I can't believe I am already on my 4th week of Training for my Half Marathon! Last week I did pretty good to sticking with my schedule, but this week I know I am going to have to make some adjustments.

Here is what last week looked like:
  • Monday: Class at the gym & foam rolling
  • Tuesday: 3.5 miles, 31:24
  • Wednesday: 2.07 mile easy run, in the morning (20:18) + yoga
  • Thursday: 3.06 miles, 27:29 (it was so muggy and hot out that evening!)
  • Friday: 2.11 mile walk with Peanut, 40 minutes
  • Saturday: 5 miles, 44:56
  • Sunday: 2 mile walk with Peanut
Here is how my week is shaping up:
  • Monday: Rest
  • Tuesday: Spin class
  • Wednesday: 3.5-4 miles
  • Thursday: 2 miles + strength training. I'm hoping to make it into the gym for this
  • Friday: 3.5-4 miles
  • Saturday: Healthy Living Blogger Summit where there will be some exercise breaks
  • Sunday: 5-6 miles
It's a new week, what are you planning to make it better than the last?



No comments:

Post a Comment