Our weekend was pretty low key, but still busy! My mom and I had a nice little girls day of haircuts and makeup ahead of us, but before she picked me up, I had to get in my long run. The fiance and Peanut decided to join me for part of my run while my goal was 5 miles.
It was pretty muggy out, but I completed 3 minutes faster than the previous Saturday, and I felt better too! After my run, I quickly showered and made a smoothie. While waiting for my mom to show up, I foam rolled too.
Sunday was my off day, but since we were going to be gone for a wedding most of the day, I took Peanut on a long walk to let her trot off some energy. I think the heat helped too ;)
I definitely feel refreshed after this weekend, it was exactly what I needed and I'm ready for what this week has in store! I can't believe I am already on my 4th week of Training for my Half Marathon! Last week I did pretty good to sticking with my schedule, but this week I know I am going to have to make some adjustments.
Here is what last week looked like:
- Monday: Class at the gym & foam rolling
- Tuesday: 3.5 miles, 31:24
- Wednesday: 2.07 mile easy run, in the morning (20:18) + yoga
- Thursday: 3.06 miles, 27:29 (it was so muggy and hot out that evening!)
- Friday: 2.11 mile walk with Peanut, 40 minutes
- Saturday: 5 miles, 44:56
- Sunday: 2 mile walk with Peanut
- Monday: Rest
- Tuesday: Spin class
- Wednesday: 3.5-4 miles
- Thursday: 2 miles + strength training. I'm hoping to make it into the gym for this
- Friday: 3.5-4 miles
- Saturday: Healthy Living Blogger Summit where there will be some exercise breaks
- Sunday: 5-6 miles