Monday, August 20, 2012

Half Marathon Training: Week 5 plan + Update!

Week 5?! I can't believe it's already week 5 of training. I remember looking at my training plan and thinking week 5 seemed so far away. But here I am!

First, let's rewind and take a look at last week.

  • Monday: Rest
  • Tuesday: Spin class
  • Wednesday: 3.51 miles
  • Thursday: 2 miles 
  • Friday: 3.65 miles
  • Saturday: Healthy Living Summit - did a CrossFit WOD - 7 minutes of 7 squats and 15 jumps. My thighs are still sore!
  • Sunday: 5 suburban miles back in my home town


Don't worry, all those markings aren't changes, they are my recordings of my workouts. My proof that I am sticking to my plan.

The plan for this week:


  • Monday: Rest day. My thighs are still sore from Saturday's squats and Sunday's 5 mile run.
  • Tuesday: 4 mile run
  • Wednesday: 2 mile + strength (TBD)
  • Thursday: 4 mile run
  • Friday: Yoga
  • Saturday: 6 mile run
Minus a couple of days of soreness here and there, I have been feeling really good on my runs. I need to do a better job of doing some warming up before my runs as well as spending more time on the foam roller. 

What are your plans for the week?

Be sure to check back on my weekend recap! I know I'm a little behind...but I want to be sure I share :)

No comments:

Post a Comment