Thursday, July 26, 2012

Thursday Training Update

Day 3 and 4 of Half Marathon training...check!

It was a little hard to get out of bed this morning. Last night we went to the Liverpool vs. AS Roma match at Fenway park with our friends and we didn't get home until shortly before midnight. I also had one three more beers than I had wanted to knowing that I had a run planned for this morning and I also ate some food before climbing into bed. No bueno.


 Before I get into today's workout, let me recap yesterday.

Wednesday: Day 3
I like my Wednesday training plan. I can wake up and decide if I feel like running outside, hitting the gym, or taking a class. I decided to head to the gym for 30 minutes on the eliptical and some upper body workouts. I really like this Bicep, Tricep and Shoulder workout supperset workout from Courtney over at Sweet Tooth Sweet Life. Not only is it quick, but my arms feel like jello by the end! Gotta get working on those wedding arms ;)!

I followed up my workout with some time on the foam roller. My legs were definitely sore from Tuesday's run and the foam roller hurts so good. I am on the hunt to buy a foam roller for the apartment! Foam rolling while watching Real Housewives ... sounds fun to me :).

Today
So this morning, when our alarm went off shortly before 6AM, I definitely hit snooze a couple extra many times. I also contemplated putting off my run until this afternoon, but I knew that if I didn't do it in the morning, I wasn't going to have the energy to do it this afternoon. So, I decided on 5 more minutes of sleep and during those 5 minutes, I also made the executive decision that the hair was not going to get styled today. I finally rolled out of bed around 6:30AM and quickly made a sandwich thin with some PB and banana, which I ate as I slowly got dressed and laced up the shoes. Oh, and I also chugged some water. Since I knew I wasn't going to have much time after my run for a walk with Miss Peanut, I also decided to take her with me. Two birds, one stone. Done.

A couple minutes shy of 7AM we headed out the door! I felt pretty sluggish but finally I got in my groove and felt pretty good. Since Peanut's mission is a little different than mine (sniffing, bathroom breaks, and playing with the leash) I don't typically run for time when I run with her. I just shoot for the mileage.

We ended up finishing 3 miles in 29:46 minutes. Not bad considering all of Peanut's bathroom breaks and a slow start! I'm not really going for time on my first Half Marathon, I just want to be able to finish strong.

I quickly got in the shower when I got home and got ready fairly quick. I save so much time when I don't have to do my hair. Before heading out the door I made myself a Green-A-Colada smoothie. I knew I wasn't going to make it through the morning without more fuel. I barely made it to lunch! Note to self, fuel better post run. Needless to say, it was an early lunch for me. I only brought a plum with me, so I headed down to the cafe where I had a turkey sandwich on toasted whole wheat bread, some hummus, lettuce, tomato and cucumber. It hit the spot. My stomach started growling around 3PM so I broke out my snack. Vanilla Greek yogurt from Trader Joe's with fresh blueberries and chia seeds.

Unfortunately I wasn't able to start dinner as soon as I got home cause the chicken hadn't defrosted yet. So as I am sitting here typing up this blog post, I am snacking on some green pepper and pickling cucumbers that we picked up at the farmer's stand on Sunday.






This also happens to be the only food picture I took of the day. Still a rookie here, bear with me!

Ok, off to finish up my snack and wait for the chicken to defrost. Then I am planting my butt on the couch! We've been crazy busy lately so I am looking forward to unwind before starting my Friday.

Couple things I want to do tonight:

  • Plan my workout for tomorrow: 30 minutes cross + strength training
    • I found this article today and I am going to try to include some of the strength moves into my workouts.
    • Wedding inspiration! We've taken a break from doing much in the last couple weeks and it's time to get back in the game! A little over 6 months to go
    • Another article I want to read up on
    • Buy some clothes from Reebok.com! I bought a Groupon a month or so ago for $25 and got a $50 credit. Time to buy some new running clothes!

Hope you have a good Thursday night!

Xox. Kaylin

No comments:

Post a Comment