Friday, July 27, 2012

Olympic Friday!

OK, so my Friday hasn't exactly been "Olympic"... but the 2012 Olympic Games start tonight! I'm pretty excited.

I am hoping to catch as much as the Olympic action as I can, including tonight's ceremony. I am also looking forward to the Woman's Gymnastics and both Men and Woman's swim teams! What team are you most looking forward to watching?

Last night when I set our alarm, I had every intention to get up and go to the gym. But then when I woke up, it was cloudy and rainy and I couldn't get myself out of bed (geeze, between yesterday and today's posts, you guys probably think I am the laziest person!). Since today was a cross training day, I decided that a 30 minute walk with Peanut would do. So after a couple more snoozes I got up, laced up, and headed out the door. Something I didn't consider was that it was muggy and raining. But Peanut and I plugged through...who am I kidding, Peanut could care less what it's doing outside!

Frolicking in grass on our walk

After our walk, I made a Protein Pancake and a nice cup of coffee. Apparently it was exactly what I needed to get going in my day because I was out the door within the hour! Keep in mind, I didn't do any styling to my hair (again) today, but for some reason I always seem to get out the door faster on Fridays, no matter what I need to do to get ready for work. Does that happen to anyone else? Maybe I'm just extra excited for the weekend :).
 
My stomach started growling around 10:30, so I opted for a handful of mixed nuts. When noon rolled around, I was ready to eat! I heated up some leftovers from last night's dinner that was quite delicious. It looked like this - only in a Tupperware container and all mixed up: 
 

 


Around 3pm I broke into one of my "standard" snacks of Greek yogurt, blueberries and chia seeds. And now, as the clock creeps around 5pm, all I can think of is what we'll have for dinner.
 
And on that note, I'm off! The Fiance and I are going to get some groomsmen shopping done (I hope) and hopefully grab some dinner! Tomorrow is my long run, only 4 miles this week!
 
Happy Olympic Friday! Hope you get to enjoy the opening ceremonies!
 
Xox. Kaylin

 

No comments:

Post a Comment