Sunday, June 10, 2012

Weekend Wrap Up

Weekends always seem to go by so fast - don't they?

Friday
Friday the future hubs and I got home from work exhausted. We both had such long weeks and couldn't wait to lay on the couch. We weren't in the mood to go to the gym but decided to take Peanut on a little walk and pick up a few things from the local CVS. It was a beautiful night.

When we got home, we were starving and immediately started cooking dinner. On the menu:
- Corn on the Cob - boiled, buttered, and salted (I know, not the healthies, but delicious)
- Microwave-Baked Sweet Potato for me and some frozen fries for the future hubs. I topped my Sweet Potato with some plain Greek Yogurt and scallions, YUM!

As a rookie blogger, I forgot to capture pictures (that and we were starving), but everything was delicious and it all came together pretty easily! My usual go-to recipe for Pork Tenderloin is in the crock pot, but one day I decided to make it differently and this Ellie Krieger recipe was on my list to try. Needless to say, this is now the new favorite way to prepare it.

Saturday
Phew. Saturday was a busy busy day. What I was most looking forward towards was getting all my bridesmaids together to drink, eat, and hang out. I got up and quickly cleaned up around the apartment before heading to the gym. I fell in love with going to this class on Saturdays because the teacher is not only cute, funny, and personable (she makes an effort to remember your name) - but she knows how to kick your but. I love her class because she multitasks with weight lifting, core work, Pilates, and  yoga. I leave the class feeling stronger, leaner, and in a good mood. I had some errands to run after class and opted to skip my usual foam rolling (bad idea, my hamstrings are hurting today) but decided to make a quick stop at Starbucks. I've been wanting to try the Iced Green Tea Latte's from there and after getting a tip from a nutritionist on Twitter, I finally gave it a go. 

Venti Iced Matcha Green Latte - skim milk and no syrup

Added bonus - it was frothy, my favorite ;)

After running around and stopping at every store in town, I made it home in enough time to prep, clean a little more, shower, and wait for my ladies to arrive.

The end result was my Sparkling Bridesmaid Bar:


I actually got the idea from an episode of Sandra Lee, where she made a Sparkling Spritzer Bar. I thought it would be perfect to allow everyone to make their own drinks and takes the stress off of me ;). I picked up a couple of items at Home Goods to make this happen:
- Picture frame for my instructions
- The bottles for the simple syrup

The syrups were so easy to assemble and they tasted good with champagne and vodka (separately, although we did have a couple glasses with vodka floaters). There was no leftovers, so I think it's safe to say I'll be doing this again! My fav was the orange and mint.

I asked all the girls to bring over some snacks but also picked up some Brushetta and Reduced Guilt Spinach & Kale Greek Yogurt Dip. I served the dip with Sweet Potato Chips.

Another great part of the day/night, is that we officially picked the Bridesmaid Dresses! I had found them online and we ordered them for everyone to try on. I love checking wedding tasks off the list!

Sunday
Between the Celtic's game and chit-chatting, last night ended up being a late one! I woke up a little groggy which was quickly fixed by an egg sandwhich from the future hubs. But I couldn't rest long because I had to get on the road for a Baby Shower! The Baby Shower was outside and today was just beautiful out. The food was delicious, the Mama looked beautiful, and it was nice to hang outside with friends. 

After the shower, my Mom and I had plans to meet to do some Mother of the Bride dress shopping. We really didn't have any luck finding a dress, but I did find some new cute sandals from Clarks. We also took advantage of the Bare Essentials Share the Love 20% off Event and stocked up on some makeup essentials.


They look cuter in person, but I know I'll wear these for a couple seasons. - $59.99


And now onto Monday!

xox. Kaylin


No comments:

Post a Comment