Sunday, October 21, 2012

Sunday Funday

It's amazing what you can accomplish when you wake up with a clear head. And by clear I mean that I didn't go out the night before. It's been a pretty low key weekend around here, and that's ok with me. The FH (future husband) and I have our bachelor and bachlorette parties this coming weekend, and I needed the rest. As lame as it makes me sound, I've been enjoying these kind of weekends more and more lately!

This morning I slept in until 8 am and it felt wonderful. The next two weeks are going to be pretty busy for me, so I wanted to get a kick start on the Best Body Bootcamp workout today.

After waking up I immediately headed to the kitchen. I knew if I wanted to head to the gym, I needed to get something in my system to wake myself up. Well, coffee and a bowl of Greek yogurt with pear and Kashi Go Lean did the trick!

I ran 5 miles yesterday morning (first run since the half marathon!), so opted out of doing the intervals on the treadmill. Instead I went into the empty spin room and hopped on a bike. I've taken a number of spin classes before, and really like them. But I have never thought of using the bikes on my own before. I always feel like I need that extra push, but I figured I would give it a shot. So I hopped on a bike and  spent the first 5 minutes warming up. After a warm up, I followed Tina's interval workout - spending some of the intervals in the seat and the rest standing with high resistance and climbing. I've never done interval workout using a spin bike on my own before, but I liked it and I was sweating by the end!

Then I moved onto the strength training. I've definitely missed strength training in the last 12+ weeks. I tried to keep up with it, but running became the priority. So it feels good to get back into it! The workouts were divided into three supersets, which helped it go by quickly! I can't wait to continue with the rest of the workouts.

I spent the rest of the day at the mall with one of my girlfriends shopping for some new staples for the upcoming festivities. Now I'm finally putting my feet up and writing this post before Peanut and I go and pick FH up at the train station. That lucky one was enjoying the Pats game today! Good Night!


No comments:

Post a Comment